How to Apply
We are currently accepting applications for our May 2017 intake.
This program is popular. We receive more applications than we can accommodate. Your application will be judged based on your Canadian Language Benchmarks, past education and experience, the quality of your written submission, and the results of a screening interview at the College. Simply meeting the basic requirements does not guarantee an interview or acceptance into the program.
You can print an application form here or you can pick-up an application package at the CRTP Office:
Bow Valley College, North Campus
Forth Floor N445, 332 – 6 Avenue S.E., Calgary
It is advisable to pick up an application package as soon as possible as there are several tasks you need to complete before you submit your application.
1. Completed Application Form (link to form below)
Print the application forms below and follow the instructions in the CRTP Application Brochure.
(You need Adobe Reader to view this form)
2. A copy of your Canadian Language Benchmarks
ILVARC or Bow Valley College Benchmarks ONLY. If you need to take a CLB test, you can visit our office to pick-up your ILVARC referral form.
4. Answers to the Questionnaire
Include typed responses to the following questions with your application. Please include your full name in the bottom right corner of each printed page.
- Create a list of job titles and industry sectors you feel you could apply for with your experience and education.
- In what field and position do you hope to have your work experience placement?
- Describe what you did at your last professional job (do not exceed ½ page). Use a bulleted text format to list tasks and projects.
- Tell me about yourself (do not exceed ½ page).
- Create a chart containing local jobs for your target position listed in the last few months, companies, sectors and a rating of how close the skills required fit with your experience and education?
- Attach a recent advertisement for a position that is related to your professional background and skills.
- Create a chart of your computer skills particularly those relating to your target occupation (include years of experience, level of proficiency, types of tasks done, and any pertinent certification).
- What do you think you need to learn in order to move into your target occupation in Calgary.
You must pay a $65, non-refundable fee in order to apply. This fee must be paid when you submit your application. We accept cash, debit, VISA or MasterCard if you apply in person. If you prefer to mail your application, you must pay the fee by cheque or money order made payable to Bow Valley College.
Applying In person
Apply in person at the Registrar's Office (South Campus, First Floor, beside the Tim Hortons)
Registrar’s Office hours:
January – June and September to December
Monday – Thursday 8 am to 7 pm
Friday 8 am to 4 pm
July – August
Monday – Thursday 8 am – 5 pm
Friday 8 am – 4 pm
Applying By Mail
Once you have completed the application requirements, please put it in an 8 ½" x 11" envelope with your application fee (see below), and mail it to:
Bow Valley College
345 – 6 Avenue SE
Calgary, Alberta T2G 4S6